Okay, that's enough of that. I'm just a tiny bit excited here. I've just discovered Roof Beam Reader's TBR Pile Challenge, and it sounds perfect for me, who is desperately trying to get some order to my own TBR pile (a saga anyone who reads this blog is familiar with!).
The point is that you sign up for the challenge, and submit a list of 12 books that you have had on your TBR for more than a year (in other words, published BEFORE 2014), plus two alternates in case some of your choices turned out too terrible to endure (which, if I'm being honest, is likely seeing as 14 year old me did not make the same choices as 24 year old me), and then you read them. Easy. Right? Right...
This is my 2014 TBR Pile Challenge List:* = read but never got around to reviewing.
- A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire #2) by George R.R. Martin (2002)*
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman (1996)
- Last Argument of Kings (The First Law #3) by Joe Abercrombie (2008)
- The Last of Mr. Norris/Mr Morris Changes Trains by Christopher Isherwood (1935?)
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde (1890)
- A Disovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy #1) by Deborah Harkness (2010)
- Redshirts by John Scalzi (2012)
- To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf (1927)
- Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2) by Suzanne Collins (2009)
- The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle #1) by Patrick Rothfuss (2007)*
- Carmilla by Sheridan Le Fanu (1872)
- Succubus on Top (Georgina Kincaid #2) by Richelle Mead (2008)
- The Thin Executioner by Darren Shan (2010)
- Scorpia Rising (Alex Rider #9) by Anthony Horowiz (2011)