Wednesday 17 June 2015

2015 TBR-Challenge half-way update! (and some general musings about my reading life right now)

I've read 2 out of 12 books. So I'm falling further and further behind, but I've been putting off starting big books as I have been reading The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell and I've been at it all year. Not because it's slow, or bad or even that long (it is about 600 pages I think), but because it is a novel composed of smaller parts that are like novellas that are interconnected and I keep stopping for a month between each one, and I don't feel like starting another big or heavy read while I'm in the middle of that one, and I've been somewhat ambitious with some of the titles on my list. I have also been reading other books, and in May I was reading 7 books at once and needed to finish some of those, by June I was down to 4 (one of which I stared in May, because self-control is not something I don't have). Of course now, I'm back up at 5 (the moral of that story is that you should always have two of the books you are currently reading available in more than one format, as my phone was rapidly approaching comatose as I had an hour to kill and had planned on listening to an audiobook, but obviously couldn't. The library was right there and well, you know the rest). The good news is that I have read 28 books this year and that finishing 15 more shouldn't be a problem...

I've read a lot of fun, light (but often somewhat depressing) urban fantasy this year (like last year) and those books are always good to have alongside other reads, and I have only read a two books I didn't like very much, but a few more books that I'd best describe as "meh" than I expected. That said I've also had a lot of fun with some of the things that I've read. I feel like I'm in a bit of a slump right now, even though I've read something every day I haven't finished anything in two weeks. I'm just slugging along. Video games and light (humorous drama) TV-series seem more my cup of tea recently, and that's fine too, but I don't have goals to reach there...


No comments:

Post a Comment